Medium of Instruction: ENGLISH
Duration: 3 years
The program of study set forth for the Master of Divinity (M. Div.) degree is designed to train young men and women for the varied ministries of the church such as pastoral and teaching ministry, missionary service, advanced study in the field of theology and related disciplines and other forms of Christian service. This is a four-year residential program, which involves rigorous study and discipline.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized University/College in any discipline (B.A., B.Sc., B. Com. etc.)
- Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree from Asia Theological Association or Senate of Serampore
- B.Th. graduates with an average grade of B or above and have completed a minimum of two years practical ministry may be exempted from the courses offered in the first two years of the program, provided that they enter the program with satisfactory grades in the prerequisite courses and with a minimum grade of B in each of the non-credit courses. However, those candidates who wish to undertake advanced courses in Greek and Hebrew shall be admitted only to the second year of the program. B. Th. graduates with an average grade less than B shall be required to do the whole programme. Exemptions may be granted for the prerequisite and non-credit courses, provided that they have satisfactory/required grades for those courses.
The courses are classified as follows:
- Required (Non-credit) courses
- Required (foundational) courses
- Optional courses
Branches of Study
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Christian Theology and Ethics
- History of Christianity
- Religion and Society
- Christian Ministry
- Christian Education
Candidates maintaining an average grade of B or above shall be required to write a thesis of 10,000 to 12,000 words. The thesis will have the value of two full optional courses. Those who maintain an average grade of B shall have the option to write a thesis or do two full optional courses. All the others shall do two full optional courses instead of the thesis.